Friday, August 21, 2015

DIY Cactus Planter

Time: 30 Minutes

I'm a big flower girl, I really believe that flowers in your house and garden really make your living space more enjoyable but lately I've been seeing more cacti/ succulent plants floating around home and living styling magazines. I never before saw them as a happy accessory to my desk but lately I've changed my mind. 
I was at Granville Island and noticed a bunch of succulents one morning. There were the plain plant ones and then there was these beautiful ones in a white planters. I decided I would my $20 (for delicious seafood and treats) and make my own pretty white potted plants. Below are simple steps if you want to make your plants have a prettier base and instagram worthy!
What you will need: 
planter, acrylic paint, paint brush, & cactus
First you will wipe down the pot to get rid of any existing residue. The acrylic paint is great for any service especially clay pots, I was really surprised by how easy it went on. Feel free to paint your pot any color and add fun designs along the way. I prefer the simple, all white look to mine but everyone is different! I would give the paint two coats and wait to dry. Once it's dry remove the plant and soil from the original package and put it in the pot. Make sure the soil has fertilizer in it and some water. 

How do you take care of your cactus? Here are some easy tips:
- Cacti/Succulents do not need a lot of water, spray them sparingly
- Need bright, not direct sunlight
- Fertilize every second month


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Emily Jane. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig